WELCOME TO OUR VETERAN COMMUNITY DAY EVENTS
STEPWAY introduced their first Veteran Community Day event (VCD). This was held at the Crowngate shopping centre in Worcester. The objective was to raise awareness in the community. To bring together the Governing agencies, Charities, Organisations and Businesses all under one roof. This was to support the Veterans in the community and the Armed Forces personnel transitioning into civilian life.
Organisations who participated in our first event at Worcester.
- Worcester City Council (Housing Department).. Covering housing issues, including : homelessness, concerns where your living, options about moving and benefits.
- DWP.. Worcester Benefit Department… Information on Universal Credit and pensions.
- Job Centre Plus … Employment opportunities, changing careers, support in going back to work .
- Relate .. Experienced Veteran focus Counselling service.
- Worcestershire Libraries and Adult Learning.. Free training courses / skills and qualifications.
- Headway.. Helping people with brain injuries.
- Nationwide Community Learning Partnership ( NCLP ): Training and Course options
- Age U.K . Joining forces Worcestershire: Supporting Veterans over the age of 50 years.
- Fusion.. One 2 One employment and training support .
- Worcestershire County Council, the Armed Forces Covenant Partnership.. Working together to raise awareness within the community on services available.
- Worcester Armed Forces & Veterans Breakfast Club.. Supporting Veterans throughout Worcestershire.
SIGNING OF THE ARMED FORCES COVENANT PLEDGE
On the 13th March 2020 STEPWAY signed the Armed Forces Covenant Pledge. We are delighted to receive the Bronze award for the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Later in the year STEPWAY will be working towards the Silver award.For more information about signing the armed forces covenant pledge and how it can benefit your organisation; please visit the page.
Join us on one of our VETERAN COMMUNITY DAYS
Would you like to join us on one of our Veteran Community Days?
It is a good way to get the word out there on what your organisation will do for the Veteran community.
The Stands are free and light refreshments are provided.
All public liability is covered by STEPWAY
We will host the day. Therefore, all you need to do, is turn up and set up your stand.
Are you a business, local or corporate? Would you like to sponsor one of our events? See the reasons below why it would benefit your business.
What will a Veteran, or Service leaver bring to your working environment?
Veterans and Service leavers have a great deal to offer to potential civilian employers. Including valuable skills, such as leadership, decision making, being dependable, problem solving, teamwork, and attention to detail. These skills are readily transferable into the civilian working environment
The advantage of being involved with the Veteran Community Day will give you
Access to a specific audience allowing conversation with possible future employees.
Raising awareness of your organisation and promoting your brands. We will promote the event through media platforms, periodical local papers and posters on the day to showcase sponsors.
Involving in the community is an excellent way to conduct modern networking. Sponsoring local events is a solid way to demonstrate business stability, presence, engagement and passion.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SPONSORING THE EVENT OR PARTICIPATING, PLEASE CONTACT STEPWAY AT THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
FOR MORE UPDATES ON WHEN OUR NEXT VETERAN COMMUNITY IS BEING HELD PLEASE VISIT OUR NEWS PAGE:
NOTE: THE STALLS ARE BOOKED VERY QUICKLY. THEREFORE, RESPOND ASAP TO SECURE YOUR PLACE AT OUR NEXT EVENT.